We’re looking for brilliant people: Export Manager Position
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. Our team is getting bigger and we’re looking for brilliant people who can join us an contribute to our grow.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a talented Export Manager to make a difference at Vulcano Food, learn and grow with us.
We’re a Neapolitan-based dynamic and fastest-growing food company, born from the passion for Mediterranean cuisine and the desire to export the culinary excellence of Neapolitan Pizza all over the world.
Our pizza is totally and proudly produced by hands, using the best and fresh ingredients of our territory, and through an innovative freezing system of cryogenics directly brought to your home with the unaltered and the unmistakable taste of the true Neapolitan Pizza. Thanks to the cryogenic system indeed, Pizzas are flash frozen as soon as come out of the oven, going from +90° to -20 ° in few minutes. In this way, all the taste, flavors and aroma remain the same as just out of the oven.
Vulcano food has its HQ and advanced plant in Pozzuoli (Naples Industrial Area) and operates through 2 core brands: ‘APizza and Talia di Napoli. ‘APizza, the flagship brand, is distributed in the Italian market both through the retail channel and through e-commerce, while Talia di Napoli is taking an aggressive stance in the USA thanks to our Distributor Partner that sell the product both in the retail and e-commerce channels.
The philosophy of Vulcano Food is based on five fundamental pillars that epitomize our cardinal values:
- Craftsmanship: our pizza is prepared entirely by Neapolitan Pizza Masters according to the ancient art of pizza making: after undergoing a lengthy period of leavening the dough is kneaded and rolled by hand to a thickness of just a few millimeters and cooked in a traditional wood burning oven ;
- Quality: we searched for the best raw materials to be found in our territory, all-natural ingredients chosen with a single goal: to offer the best to our clients;
- Genuineness: in order to provide to our client, the best quality product we use only natural ingredients, without preservatives, additives or flavorings , with the shortest ingredient list ever seen
- Tradition: each Pizza is prepared according to the original recipe created by Pizzaiuolo Raffaele Esposito in 1889 to pay homage to the visit of Queen Margherita di Savoia;
- Innovation: the unique flavor of our pizzas derives from a combination of the traditional recipe and the innovative cryogenic process used. This advanced technology allows the pizza to fall into a light and restful sleep in Naples and – thanks to our special Frozen Packaging – to awaken “in your home”, ready to be savored with all its flavors and aromas.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make our unique pizzas available for our client all around the world, but it is also to offer our employees the most enjoyable working experience. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide them the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on our business… all while having fun!
As an Export Manager you will have the unique opportunity to build and scale our business in foreign markets with the biggest potential in our portfolio.
We’re looking for someone who has a mix of operational excellence to get great work done, the negotiation and commercial skills needed to win in the market, the strategic, innovative and creative thinking that’s required to develop outside the box solutions, and the entrepreneurial mind sent combined with a tenacious yet ambitious approach required to lead a fast-paced business.
- Define with the Top Management the export commercial strategy (e.g. promotional campaigns, new pricing lists, etc.) and planning business development activities accordingly;
- Scouting of new potential clients and distributors in the markets of interest: UK, Germany, UAE, Middle East, Far East ;
- Management of the existing portfolio of active and potential clients outside of Italy;
- Ensure a constant development of sales of the designated geographical area in order to reach the assigned budget;
- Support the launch of new products in the market;
- Plan and participate to the main fairs and events of the sector;
- Managing forecasting, planning and reporting activities.
- Proven experience in the food sector, gained in senior sales management roles, the knowledge of the frozen category would be considered a plus;
- Previous experience gained working on the markets of interest: UK, Germany, UAE, Middle East, Far East ;
- Attitude to operate in an entrepreneurial organization with a good level of autonomy;
- Excellent relationship, communication and selling capabilities;
- Demonstrated track record of measurable revenue generation;
- Fluency in English (native/bilingual). Multi-language skills are appreciated;
- Availability to travel worldwide and handle/manage different market/segments;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective problem solving, effective in providing exceptional customer service.
What we offer
Vulcano Food is a family-orientated company which offers a rewarding and collaborative working culture where every team member can contribute in a thriving environment where continuous improvement and innovation is highly valued.
Employees enjoy favorable conditions including a competitive salary and flexi-working (work-from-home) when traveling is not needed.
Location: Fully remote from anywhere or Pozzuoli (Naples).